- Full payment for each course is required at the time of booking.
- Places are not confirmed until full payment is received.
- Courses can be paid for by cheque, debit card, credit card, bank transfer, postal order and in cash at our shop at the time of making the booking. Please be aware that Squires Kitchen School does not accept American Express or Diners Club credit cards.
Materials and equipment
Squires Kitchen School will provide all edible materials for the class, unless otherwise stated.
Most essential equipment is available on loan. Students are requested to ensure all equipment is returned in good condition at the end of the course.
Students are required to provide additional equipment, specific to the relevant course. This will be detailed on an equipment order form which will be emailed or posted 4-6 weeks before the start of the course. Students can purchase this equipment from our shop if they do not already have it.
All required equipment must be pre-ordered by the date given on the order form to ensure availability. Pre-ordered equipment will be available for collection at the shop from 9am on the first morning of the course. Squires Kitchen cannot guarantee that the equipment will be available if it is not pre-ordered by the date shown on the order form.
Students are entitled to a 10% discount on all products sold in Squires Kitchen’s shop, with the exception of gift vouchers, courses or any household appliances we stock. This discount is valid on the day of the course only. Students attending courses on a Sunday should note that the shop closes at the earlier time of 5pm and it does not open on Bank Holidays.
Squires Kitchen Shop is open from 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am – 5pm on Sundays.
Squires Kitchen School reserves the right to cancel or change a course. In these circumstances Squires Kitchen will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this date or, if this date is not convenient, an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
In the unlikely event that the advertised tutor is unable to teach the class Squires Kitchen reserves the right to substitute the advertised tutor with another appropriate tutor.
Refunds and transfers
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your course.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another course if Squires Kitchen School is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the Course Coordinator and will incur a £20 administration fee.
No transfer will be offered if the following circumstances apply:
- a course booking is cancelled within 4 weeks of the course date (unless a waiting list for the course exists and the place can be re-sold at short notice);
- students are unable to attend a course due to changes in personal circumstances;
- students are unable to attend a course due to travel problems caused by unfavourable weather or cancellations by travel operators;
- students require a VISA to enter the UK and are unable to obtain one.
Travel or accommodation expenses will not be compensated for should a course be cancelled or re-arranged for an alternative date.
Squires Kitchen School strongly advises that students arrange insurance to cover unforeseen events such as illness, unfavourable weather, or cancellation of a course for which travel and accommodation costs have been incurred.
UK residents are advised to contact Cancelsure on 0845 071 3929 or visit their website at http://www.cancelsure-insurance.co.uk. Cancelsure specialises in insurance which covers the cancellation of courses by either students or Squires Kitchen School. Their policies do not include any travel or accommodation expenses that have been incurred; however, a separate policy can be taken out with their sister company Hotelsure http://www.hotelsure-insurance.co.uk. Insurance is particularly important during the winter months when the likelihood of unfavourable weather and associated travel disruption is higher (please see Adverse Weather Conditions clause below).
Non-UK residents are advised to contact their local insurance broker or issuer to apply for cover with regards to VISA application in addition to the recommended cover options above.
Further information about the cancellations policy is available from the School bookings team on 0845 61 71 812.
Snow & Adverse Weather Conditions
During the winter months, if snow or other adverse weather conditions have affected the method of transport needed to attend a booked course at SKIS and you are unable to be present, please note the following procedures:
- Please notify the School Team, by phone, as far in advance as possible that you will not be able to attend (e.g. if you are snowed in, or if trains have been cancelled in advance, etc.)
- If you are unable to attend a booked course due to the weather conditions, we will offer a transfer to another course for a £20 administration fee. This will apply ONLY if roads are unsurpassable or trains and flights are cancelled. This will only apply during winter months, and not at any other time of year.
Students coming from abroad
If a VISA is required to enter the UK, Squires Kitchen School recommends that students book at least three months in advance to allow time for processing of the VISA application. Squires Kitchen School will not provide a letter of invitation but will provide students with a letter confirming the booking, to give to the relevant embassy. Refunds will not be offered under any circumstances should a VISA application be declined or delayed.
Squires Kitchen School advises all students to wear comfortable, practical clothing and shoes. Students are asked to wear flat, non-slip shoes, as the flooring can become slippery when wet.
Health & Safety
Students are required to follow procedures and advice given by Squires Kitchen School, to ensure safe use of equipment and facilities.
At Squires Kitchen International School we sometimes take photographs of students participating in our courses to use in promotional material. This may involve using the images on our website, in our publications or in other media. We will not use your name or give out any personal information. If you are NOT happy for us to use your image in future school publicity, please tick the appropriate box on the online booking form. If you give your consent, please leave it blank.
Courses for Children
Children under the age of 16 are currently not permitted to attend courses or demonstrations held at Squires Kitchen International School at this time. Children aged 16-17 may attend courses but they must have a guardian or parent to accompany them. The adult/guardian may either pay for their own place on the course and take part or just observe for free, subject to availability.
Any competitions run on social media by SKIS to win a free course or voucher to put towards a course are subject to the following condiitons:
- The chosen course prize must be booked and attended by a certain date – the prize voucher will have this information on it so please read it carefully.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered in any prize giveaway by SKIS.
- Competitions are open to those in the UK and overseas so please note that travel and accommodation may exceed the value of the prize.
- All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be gathered into a database at the end of the Submission Period. Winners will then be selected at random using a RNG.
- You must be over 16 years old (and chaperoned by a guardian) to attend a course at SKIS and over 18 years old to attend a course independently. As a result, you must be over 16yrs old to enter any SKIS competition via social media.
- Selected winners will be messaged via Facebook and/or Twitter to receive their prize and the winner will be announced on Facebook and/or Twitter. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her e-mail account for prize notification and receipt or other communications related to any entered competition.
- If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by Administrator (or Sponsor) within fifteen (15) days, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize.
- There are no entry fees or purchase necessary to be eligible for this prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted by SKIS for entries not received for whatever reason.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By participating in the competition, entrants automatically agree to abide by contest rules and regulations.
- For full terms and conditions regarding courses at Squires Kitchen International School, please read this document in full.
General information and parking
Squires Kitchen International School is situated just around the corner from Squires Kitchen’s Shop which is directly opposite Farnham railway station and is approximately 50 minutes from London Waterloo.
We advise students travelling by car to allow extra time for parking. Unfortunately, we do not have allocated parking space for students at our school during weekdays as the business park bays are reserved for other offices. In light of this, we suggest that students park in the railway station car park (opposite our shop), or alternatively there are spaces on Broomleaf Road (adjacent to Squires Kitchen International School). Clampers are in operation in Hones Yard.
There is limited parking available at weekends directly outside Squires Kitchen International School (The Grange, Hones Yard). Students may park in allocated Squires Kitchen spaces only. These are clearly numbered either on the wall or on the pavement at the front of the space. If you would like to enquire about a weekend parking permit, please contact the Course Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice. As spaces are so limited, permits will be issued on a strictly first-come, first-served basis.
Liquid refreshments will be available throughout the day and lunch will be provided. Students are required to advise Squires Kitchen School of any specific dietary requirements or allergies in advance.