Squires Kitchen School reserves the right to cancel or change a course. In these circumstances Squires Kitchen will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this date or, if this date is not convenient, an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
In the unlikely event that the advertised tutor is unable to teach the class Squires Kitchen reserves the right to substitute the advertised tutor with another appropriate tutor.
Refunds and Transfers
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your course.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another course if Squires Kitchen School is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the Course Coordinator and will incur a £20 administration fee.
No transfer will be offered if the following circumstances apply:
- a course booking is cancelled within 4 weeks of the course date (unless a waiting list for the course exists and the place can be re-sold at short notice);
- students are unable to attend a course due to changes in personal circumstances;
- students are unable to attend a course due to travel problems caused by unfavourable weather or cancellations by travel operators;
- students require a VISA to enter the UK and are unable to obtain one.
Travel or accommodation expenses will not be compensated for should a course be cancelled or re-arranged for an alternative date.
Squires Kitchen School strongly advises that students arrange insurance to cover unforeseen events such as illness, unfavourable weather, or cancellation of a course for which travel and accommodation costs have been incurred.
UK residents are advised to contact Cancelsure on 0845 071 3929 or visit their website at http://www.cancelsure-insurance.co.uk. Cancelsure specialises in insurance which covers the cancellation of courses by either students or Squires Kitchen School. Their policies do not include any travel or accommodation expenses that have been incurred; however, a separate policy can be taken out with their sister company Hotelsure http://www.hotelsure-insurance.co.uk. Insurance is particularly important during the winter months when the likelihood of unfavourable weather and associated travel disruption is higher.
Non-UK residents are advised to contact their local insurance broker or issuer to apply for cover with regards to VISA application in addition to the recommended cover options above.
Squires Kitchen School will offer students a transfer to another course in exceptional circumstances and if the place can be re-sold to another student. A £20 administrative fee will be charged.
Further information about the cancellations policy is available from the School bookings team on 0845 61 71 812.
Snow & Adverse Weather Conditions
During the winter months, if snow or other adverse weather conditions have affected the method of transport needed to attend a booked course at SKIS and you are unable to be present, please note the following procedures:
- Please notify the School Team, by phone, as far in advance as possible that you will not be able to attend (e.g. if you are snowed in, or if trains have been cancelled in advance, etc.)
- If you are unable to attend a booked course due to the weather conditions, we will offer a transfer to another course for a £20 administration fee. This will apply ONLY if roads are unsurpassable or trains and flights are cancelled. This will only apply during winter months, and not at any other time of year.
STUDENTS COMING FROM ABROAD
If a VISA is required to enter the UK, Squires Kitchen School recommends that students book at least three months in advance to allow time for processing of the VISA application. Squires Kitchen School will not provide a letter of invitation but will provide students with a letter confirming the booking, to give to the relevant embassy. Refunds will not be offered under any circumstances should a VISA application be declined or delayed.