You will need:
- 75g plain flour
- 40g porridge oats
- 150g dark brown sugar
- ½tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pinch salt
- 55g butter
- 2 eggs
- 110g dark brown sugar
- ¼tsp almond extract
- ½tbs plain flour
- ¼tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 220g jar cocktail cherries (drained and quartered)
Makes approximately 15
For the crumble
Preheat oven 180°C Gas4
Place all the ingredients into a bowl and rub the butter in until the mixture is crumbly
Press into a greased and lined baking tin 16x26cm
Bake in the oven for 10 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
For the filling
Beat the eggs, almond extract, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together until smooth.
Stir in the coconut and cherries, and spread over the base.
Bake for a further 25mins. Allow to cool.
Dust with icing sugar
Turn out of the tin and cut into squares
- Naomi Yamamoto Sugarflower Master Course in China
- NEW Carlos Lischetti modelling courses in China
- Meet the Squires Kitchen International School tutor... Laura Dodimead
- Cherry and Coconut Slices
Stay in touch with everything Squires by signing up to our newsletter.