Tried sugar flowers and now want to learn something new… Wafer Paper flower making is quick, fast, humidity withstanding and you will make flowers fit for that stunning cake or display! Not only that The Cake Botanist will share with you how to apply a printed sugar print on a cake!
Course tutor: Naomi Lee
• How to work with wafer paper and its unique properties (great for any humid weather or if you want to put it in the fridge) rather than working with the usual florist paste to achieve delicate sugar flowers.
• How to make wafer paper roses, rannuculus, hydrangeas and leaves.
• How to make wired wafer paper flowers like anemones.
• How to work with paper cutters to cut and curl petals.
• How to work with edible tints to colour and dust your wafer paper flowers.
• How to make a smooth swiss meringue buttercream for the filling of your cake
• How to make a stable ganache to mask your cake
• How to layer, crumb coat and mask a cake and use ganaching plates to achieve a sharp edges.
• How to apply edible sugar sheets and make sure it fits the cake perfectly
• How to assemble wired flowers using safety seal to create that stunning modern cake design that is food safe
|10th July||10:00 - 16:00||day 1||Naomi Lee||Squires Kitchen International School|
|11th July||10:00 - 16:00||day 2||Naomi Lee||Squires Kitchen International School|