Learn how to make the very latest in cake trends with this out of this world mirror glaze cake! Complete with everlasting edible bubbles that will never pop, sugar sails and gold leaf this cake is perfect for any occasion - whether a modern wedding, engagement or birthday party, just switch up the colours to suit the client and surroundings.
Course tutor: Penelope DArcy Graham
In this exciting course you will create an on trend marbled mirror-glaze cake decorated with handmade edible bubbles, sugar sails, edible gold leaf and dragees.
Using the truly celebatory flavours of champagne, strawberry and white chocolate, you will firstly bake a joconde sponge and then make a handmade jelly and jam using fresh fruit and a fruity mousse. We will guide you on assembling the various elements to give a stunning flawless finish, both inside and out.
You will be welcome to personalise the colour palette to suit your style and personality.
On this course you will learn how to make:
- joconde sponge (a traditional French almond sponge recipe that is easily adaptable to be gluten free)
- fresh fruit strawberry & champagne jelly
- champagne syrup
- strawberry & champagne jam
- white chocolate & strawberry mousse and how to use fruit powders to flavour mousses
- mirror glaze and using it at the correct consistency
- constructing & covering large and mini dome cakes
- coloured edible bubbles for decoration
- mini edible chocolate sails
- using gold leaf on cakes
You will leave with one mirror glaze cake and an SK certificate.
|12th September||09:30 - 16:00||Day 1||Marianne Stewart||Squires Kitchen International School|
|13th September||09:30 - 16:00||Day 2||Marianne Stewart||Squires Kitchen International School|