In this special Autumn edition of Buttercream Flower Cupcakes, buttercream expert Marianne Stewart will show you how to hand pipe Swiss meringue buttercream flowers in gorgeous autumnal colours including red, oranges, yellows and golds.
- Squires Kitchen International School
- 0.0 day
- Course date and times:
- Monday 29th October: 9:30am to 4:00pm
This class focuses entirely on buttercream flowers, so you can get to grips with making and working with Swiss meringue buttercream to create stunning floral arrangements for cakes or cupcakes.
The cupcakes are pre-baked to allow you maximum time to focus on the piping, but we provide the recipe for when you wish to make them at home. Our buttercream expert, Marianne, will take you through the process of making Swiss meringue buttercream and show you how to get the best consistency for piping. You will then cover your cupcakes before learning how to pipe different flowers both onto a flower nail and straight onto the cupcakes. Piping onto the flower nail so that you can store your flowers is a great technique for making piped flowers in advance as well as practicing your technique until you are happy with your results.
We will be focusing on 4 different flowers as well as leaves, but many of the techniques taught can be used to work with other types of flowers. This course is therefore a great way to kick-start your flower-piping journey and allow you to experiment further at home.
At the end of the day you will go home with 8 decorated floral cupcakes, all the recipes used and plenty of new skills including:
· Making Swiss Meringue Buttercream
· Colouring buttercream for realistic-looking flowers
· Covering cupcakes with buttercream
· How to prepare the surface of cupcakes/cake for angled flowers (useful if you wish to make an arrangement of 2 or more flowers)
· Which nozzles to use for different effects & different flowers
· How to pipe onto a flower nail or directly onto the cupcake
· How to store the flowers before arranging on your cake or cupcakes
· Arranging pre-piped flowers onto the cupcakes and filling space with leaves/filler petal
Book this course
Head on over to our booking request page and we will take a few credentials from you.
Suitable for Beginners
This course requires some additional equipment which you will be able to pre-order. You will be sent an equipment list prior to the course.