Iced biscuits make perfect edible gifts for Christmas, afternoon tea and wedding favours. On this one-day course you will bake perfectly level biscuits ideal for coating and decorating with royal icing. You will then learn a range of royal icing techniques you can use to create your own unique, seasonal designs.
Course tutor: Tessa Whitehouse
Join royal icing expert and Salon Culinaire gold medal winner, Tessa Whitehouse, to bake and decorate a range of elegant and impressive iced biscuits. Discover Tessa’s tried and tested vanilla biscuit recipe that will ensure flat tops, little spread and a satisfying snap.
Next, learn how to make royal icing from scratch and how and when to add colour. Find out how to adapt the consistency of the icing to create a range of different effects. Three key decorative techniques will be covered: how to create wet-in-wet patterns, how to build up a sectioned design with run-out icing and how to use simple pressure piping skills.
Not only will you leave with a collection of beautifully decorated biscuits to share with friends and family, you will also take away a whole host of new sugarcraft skills and the confidence to create perfect biscuits for any occasion.
• How to bake level vanilla biscuits
• How to adapt the flavour of the biscuits to suit your tastes
• How to make and colour royal icing
• How to adapt the consistency of royal icing for different uses
• How to create patterns using wet-in-wet techniques
• How to use run-out icing to build up a sectioned design
• How to create decorative finishes using simple pressure piping skills