Learn how to make the very latest in cake trends with this out of this world mirror glaze cake! Complete with everlasting edible bubbles that will never pop, sugar sails and gold leaf this cake is perfect for any occasion - whether a modern wedding, engagement or birthday party, just switch up the colours to suit the client and surroundings.
Course tutor: Marianne Stewart
In this exciting course with expert tutor, recipe developer and published author Marianne Stewart, you will create an on trend marbled mirror-glaze cake decorated with handmade edible bubbles, sugar sails, edible gold leaf and dragees.
Using the truly celebatory flavours of champagne, strawberry and white chocolate, you will firstly bake a joconde sponge and then make a handmade jelly and jam using fresh fruit and a fruity mousse. Marianne will guide you on assembling the various elements to give a stunning flawless finish, both inside and out.
You will be welcome to personalise the colour palette to suit your style and personality.
On this course you will learn how to make:
- joconde sponge (a traditional French almond sponge recipe that is easily adaptable to be gluten free)
- fresh fruit strawberry & champagne jelly
- champagne syrup
- strawberry & champagne jam
- white chocolate & strawberry mousse and how to use fruit powders to flavour mousses
- mirror glaze and using it at the correct consistency
- constructing & covering large and mini dome cakes
- coloured edible bubbles for decoration
- mini edible chocolate sails
- using gold leaf on cakes
You will leave with one mirror glaze cake and an SK certificate.
NB:This class uses leaf gelatine and is therefore not suitable for vegetarians
Head on over to our booking request page and we will take a few credentials from you.
Suitable for Beginners
|20th February||09:30 - 16:00||Day 1||Marianne Stewart||Squires Kitchen International School|
|21st February||09:30 - 16:00||Day 2||Marianne Stewart||Squires Kitchen International School|